"I think it's 3."
"Are you sure it's not 2?"
"I can see it in my head. Wait, was it 2 & maybe one girl is stuck in the background?"
On Tuesdays, you can find us at a local Trivia Night summoning the vision of how many back up dancers are in Beyonce's "Single Ladies" video.
We follow that up with a plate of wings while pondering whether car accidents or strokes account for the third highest percentage of fatalities.
If you're wondering, for both of these questions one of us had the right answer but we went with the other person's guess. The bar may have been big but there was no room for second-guessing. It's just not Trivia Night until you're shouting "I knew it!" & throwing your head into your hands.
Waiter!!! Another round, please.
[Note to self: Nothing innocent follows an emcee's disclaimer of "I don't name the teams, I just read them."]
We headed home long after midnight marveling at how much yet how little one can know simultaneously. We also thanked the heavens our schoolteachers weren't there as they would have taken our gold stars away.
Here's a little taste of one of the rounds we played!
1. Name the 5 most common last names according to the 2000 US census.
2. Prunes come from what type of tree?
3. What kind of galaxy is the Milky Way? [Hint: It starts with an 'S'.]
4. This state is comprised of 90% forested terrain.
5. This animal is considered to be sacred in Thailand.
Ready for the moment of truth?
1. Jones, Smith, Johnson, Brown, Williams
2. Plum tree
5. White elephant
How'd you do? (We missed #3.)
One more thing...have a great day on purpose!